Let Keyspace help you drive greater IT efficiency and achieve your sustainability goals by addressing your growing energy demands in your IT infrastructure.
Green IT is one of the cornerstones of a more efficient IT infrastructure. To achieve that increased efficiency a policy driven approach to green IT is needed. One that looks at your business as a whole and not just your data centres. To help you respond to these challenges we offer the below services that take into account your infrastructure, policy, procedures and sustainability objectives to develop a comprehensive green IT roadmap.
Build a more efficient green IT infrastructure.
- Green Audits â get a baseline on your current systems and processes from purchasing to running and disposal
- System Design & Procurement â designing and supplying sustainable technology solutions
- Recycling & Disposal â disposing of equipment in a sustainable fashion
Make your business greener and cheaper to run
Creating a energy efficient and greener business can have a dramatic and profound positive impact on our shared environment, but most business owners must also look at the pragmatic details of greening a business. How will it affect my business? Does it make economic sense? There are manifold powerful benefits to making a business more sustainable, energy efficient and greener. These benefits of green IT include savings on purchasing and running your IT equipment, increased company value, public recognition from corporate environmental policies and lastly, itâs better for the planet. All of these benefits can be powerful incentives to induce businesses to undertake a green IT audit where possible energy savings are highlighted.
Keyspace offers green IT audits that cover:
- Power usage â from computers to servers, telephones to network devices weâll ensure you have the whole picture of your environments energy use and avenues where you can achieve energy savings.
- Carbon Footprint â identify your carbon footprint and how this may be effected by legislation and taxes and options on reducing your carbon footprint.
- Procurement policies â how do you get your IT equipment and is it cost effective and sustainable, do you know what Energy Star, EPEAT and 80+ Are?
- User Education â making sure that the staff know how they impact the environment and your business and providing programs tailored to your business .
- Disposal â what do you do with the technology once you have finished with it, we look at methods of reuse and recycling whether through specialised resource reclamation companies of value retrieval through resale and auction.
System Design & Procurement
Keyspace can design and procure appropriate infrastructure and systems to satisfy business requirements whilst ensuring that these provide a sustainable long term strategy by:
- Sized appropriately â ensuring upgradeability, scalability and capacity to support future growth and extend useful life
- Supportability â to extend useful life
- Made greener â manufactured using as little resources as possible
- Low power usage â designed to consume as little resources as possible during their lifetime
- Lease it â we offer flexible lease terms so you can turn the capital costs into an operational expense
Dispose of your equipment in a environmentally friendly way
Recycling computers is the last thing we want to do. But it is also something we do better and more responsibly. Equipment demanufacturing that ensures all reusable parts and raw materials are safely harvested. Downstream verification that assets are disposed in compliance with our policies, customer requirements and legal obligations.
Keyspace disposal services include:
- Testing & Repair â certified testing, value-appropriate repair and refurbishment services that guarantee quality and prolong the useable life of technology
- Recycling â free asset recovery and recycling services that ensure donated computers donât end up in a landfill at end of life
- Reporting â demonstrates the social, financial and environmental benefits of donated technology.
Edited By David Williams